385xp leaking fuel.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
the saw is about 6-7 months old.....it's leaking fuel right through the seam in the fuel tank. the saw has no visible hits or bangs. fuel is leaking right through the seam on the bottom of the saw.

so whats your thoughts.....will the dealer warranty the tank? or will i be stuck paying for a replacement. is this a dealer discretion thing or is it cut and dry.

i would have your dealer check it and dont let them give you no for an answer.. if there are indeed no hit marks this shouldnt happen.. could just have a bad bond from the factory.. rare but it can happen. dont wait forever like i did with my defective stihl BG85 blower.. carb went to hell after 2 months of occasional use.. got stuck in the garage and forgot about till 3 years later.. now its going to cost me to have the carb checked.. its one of those jetted EPA things.. but back to the point.. act fast on that warranty work. husky is a great saw and i have never had a problem with service.

How many items have you bought thru this dealer? You use 'em regularly? I wouldn't think there should be a problem...jmo. If you get crap from them, you can always call the regional manager and speak to them.(just gotta do your homework for that)

i personaly swore off the dealer where the saw was purchased. but this is a company saw(not one of my personal saw's) and i'd say my boss spends about 4-5 grand a year with them.

I ve seen leaking fuel tanks by the seam,and they covered it under warranty even warranty was expired while i was dealer.If your dealer is cooperative ,he can call the husqui service dept and im quite sure they will say yes,maybe asking you to pay the labor only.

HiOctane said:
I ve seen leaking fuel tanks by the seam,and they covered it under warranty even warranty was expired while i was dealer.If your dealer is cooperative ,he can call the husqui service dept and im quite sure they will say yes,maybe asking you to pay the labor only.

thanks .......i was just looking for a little ammo to take with me when i take the saw in.

Are you sure it is coming from the seam and not leaking from your carb? I had a saw that did this. Fuel would collect in the area under the carb and dribble out the trigger opening right over the seam. A carb kit fixed it. However on initial inspection it appeared to be leaking from the seam.

Last edited:
bigair said:
Are you sure it is coming from the seam and not leaking from your carb? I had a saw that did this. Fuel would collect in the area under the carb and dribble out the trigger opening right over the seam. A carb kit fixed it. However on intial inspection it appeared to be leaking from the seam.

it is without a doubt leaking from the seam on the bottom. you could wipe it clean with a rag then watch it bleed through even if the saw is on its side with a full tank of fuel.

the dealer took the serial# today and said he will try and order the tank under warranty. i guess i loaded the guns for nothing.

Latest posts

Back