390xp for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderBFarm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently picked up a 390xp in a package deal for $500, but I don’t think I really need such a big saw to cut firewood, so I plan on selling it to a buddy of mine. How much is it worth? It runs like a champ but is missing the chain brake handle, it has the brake just not the handle. Insane compression. 3 pulls and it’s running. What do you guys think? Thanks.

One picture?
Roll it around on the bench, take more pictures and we can give you a better idea.
I took this picture back when I got it. I planned on keeping it then, but this guy was trying to buy it at the same time so he asked me about it today. I don’t need it, haven’t even cut anything with it yet because of the brake, just want to give him the best price for the shape it’s in.

No brake handle or tank handle inserts. Seems minor but speaks to the lack of care it was given. If the rest is good I wouldn’t pay more than $400 for it
Came from a logger. The other saws looked even rougher but they run well. He did, at least, drain the fuel before storing them.

A PRO loggers saw! They are usually mostly used up mechanically wise, I have rebuilt too many of them myself and would treat one as basically a saw that will soon need a total rebuild. I bought and rebuilt a slew of 394`s many years back and every saw needed a crank, seals piston and cylinder, carb rebuilt or replaced from throttle shaft being worn oversized in the carb body. Every moving part was worn and sloppy, recoil rope rotors and catch pawls on the flywheel, yep you name it and it was likely badly worn. I was always deeper in the hole rebuilding them than I could get out of them, these days I stay completely away from any PRO loggers saws as a rebuild with intention of resale.

Latest posts

Back