394 cylinder mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guarddog1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me would this cylinder and piston work on my saw with the stock carb with the limiters removed and a factory ported muffler. Will it produce any dead spots and would it increase power a lot. Also there is a picture of the muffler mod I would use. I am trying to get my saw to rip built plenty of Small Block Chevys just a little unfamiliar with this whole 2 stroke stuff and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bill

There appears to be a notch cut in the exhaust port to open the base to the exhaust port at TDC. That has worked but may be tricky to tune and peaky. How much has the stock durations been changed? intake, transfer and exhaust? What would compression be. The diagonal slash across from bottom to top of transfer bridge does what?

that's deffinantly off a race saw....or atleast ported for...it might be ok for small use and showing off if it works, but i wouldnt use it for a work saw.....looks clean though....

So you like my muff mod? Thanks!

I used a Husky 288 exhaust deflector and screen, and a couple machine screws. It works perfectly.

So you like my muff mod? Thanks!

I used a Husky 288 exhaust deflector and screen, and a couple machine screws. It works perfectly.

Very nice job I like the way its not just a tube sticking out of the side it looks almost factory so yes very nice job.

There appears to be a notch cut in the exhaust port to open the base to the exhaust port at TDC. That has worked but may be tricky to tune and peaky. How much has the stock durations been changed? intake, transfer and exhaust? What would compression be. The diagonal slash across from bottom to top of transfer bridge does what?

Frank,,,,,,,

Quit asking so many Questions,,,, LOLOL!!!!!!

I was wondering about some of it myself????????

Heck Turn the L & H out about 1+ !/2 Turns and see what it runs like!!!!!

If you can get it cranked and warmed up and tuned what tha hay,??????
Did You port the cylinder?????

No I did not do the port work it is a jug for sale. I wound up porting mine myself there is a lot going on in that one maybe they are secret passages. Or possible ant tunnels.

Back