394 parts interchange?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
Reaction score
Well.. I picked up a 394.. decent shape, low compression, so I took it apart.. turns out the rings were stuck, a piece of crap went up the transfer ports.. cylinder perfect, piston salvagable, rings good.. bad big end rod bearing... it does run but it's not happy and won't get any time on it until it's fixed right

So I"m wondering.. what saws have the same rod? does the 2100 rod interchange? I think I have one kicking around

Yer better off just finding another crank. 288 or 394 crank interchange I believe. 395 to I think but you have to use the 395 flywheel. I'll check see if I have a crank left over but something tells me I'm cleaned out of them.

I can take the crank apart if I have to and replace the rod, bearing and pin.. I have a 285 and a 2100 in 'basketcase' condition I could steal from if they interchange.. but I don't want to tear into the 394 and have it's parts get scattered while I look for replacements (I know my weaknesses!)

The cranks you have won't interchange, splitting the crank apart will be way harder than finding a used one. Sell off your other basket cases to fund your 394 as parts are still easy to get or be converted to a 395.

Jeremy

@jmssaws Good to know, thanks.. but by the time I get it up here it's probably going to cost me pretty dearly.. I will keep it in mind though

@decableguy2000 I have split the cranks before.. it's really not that bad.. so all I need is a rod of correct length (actually, 1mm longer I wouldn't mind)

@jmssaws Good to know, thanks.. but by the time I get it up here it's probably going to cost me pretty dearly.. I will keep it in mind though

@decableguy2000 I have split the cranks before.. it's really not that bad.. so all I need is a rod of correct length (actually, 1mm longer I wouldn't mind)

it's really not that expensive to ship. depending on what buddy wants for it you could be way better off. bet he can get it shipped for $20. just go cash in your empties lol i ship state side and receive from state side regularly because of this site.

Yer better off just finding another crank. 288 or 394 crank interchange I believe. 395 to I think but you have to use the 395 flywheel. I'll check see if I have a crank left over but something tells me I'm cleaned out of them.
I'll check see if I have a crank left over but something tells me I'm cleaned out of them.
12ce4.jpg
Brush Ape could you think of a better site name?:innocent:

heck, i didn't even realize til now that you mentioed it that it was in fact word for word. he has to be some kind of troll. very well could be brush ape.

Well.. I picked up a 394.. decent shape, low compression, so I took it apart.. turns out the rings were stuck, a piece of crap went up the transfer ports.. cylinder perfect, piston salvagable, rings good.. bad big end rod bearing... it does run but it's not happy and won't get any time on it until it's fixed right

So I"m wondering.. what saws have the same rod? does the 2100 rod interchange? I think I have one kicking around
Check your part# against the 372#.

Latest posts

Back