395 crank tight after reassembly.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry posting from phone....

b3cc699d5bf732b9f3639cf82551e349.jpg

Seal lip only onto flat surface a bit....

11a5cfa3a2b637a129caa93b6f82d95b.jpg

Clutch side is fine...
5035b237d5bb90e3411ccf5ccd1addbe.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The crank spun very freely before seal installation.... The seal on the flywheel side did not want to go on smoothly and kept trying flip "inside out" for lack of a better description...

Sorry op not trying to steal your thread. Just seems all relevant and we are looking for same info.

My crank didn't smooth freely at first after all SHCS were tightened. A few taps on flywheel shaft side and it spun nice and smoothly until I installed both seals too far. After resplit ting the case with the bearings still in the bore the bearings still were tight. I'm going to press out the bearings with the seals and I've ordered new seals to start over again. So basically as soon as the seals form their seal on the shaft that's far enough I presume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually put them on just a smidge further than the lip on the crank, as there's a usually a washer there and you don't want it rubbing on the washer

Here is my flywheel side after reassembly. It's noticeably tighter after that seal went in. Notice the depth that the seal body went in, it's also barely sealing up the bearing surface it is any.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    791.4 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back