395xp Beef Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
I was wondering while looking over some saws today if a 2100 cylinder and piston could be rigged on a 395xp. Just think of the gains with less weight compared to the old 2100's. Yes I love the old thin ring 2100's but they sport several pounds over the 395xp carcuss. I am sure one of the Rupley's have given this some thaught. Anyone think it could be done.

ccicora said:
Same Bore, Same stroke.... Different Pistons and cyclinder's....

other than that the only other thing is on the 395 the carb is mounted with the rubber boot then clamped to the jug. on the 394 the carb was bolted directly to the jug with the plastic spacer. the case's, crank, rod and all the plastic is the same.

kf_tree said:
other than that the only other thing is on the 395 the carb is mounted with the rubber boot then clamped to the jug. on the 394 the carb was bolted directly to the jug with the plastic spacer. the case's, crank, rod and all the plastic is the same.

while it might work with some modifcations...i mean 6cc gain and going from thick rings to thin isnt the best transaction...but thats just my 2 cents...this project is far from my usual 365's converted to 375's

Also they have the same bore so you wont gain cc The 2100 has a 2 mm longer stroke thats why it runs harder than the 394 The 2100 thin ring piston has bigger transfer port windows and a full skirt The thin rings have a little less friction than the thick ring set up

hey marky

if you have a jug and piston from a 2100 drop it by, you know i have the power heads to try it on.:laugh: i'll even run by to pick it up, and drive it to canada to be ported,:laugh: :laugh:

what's the weight of a 2100, and how does a 2100 work saw compare to a 395 work saw? shouldn't we answer these ?'s before we go ahead with this project.

Ken the only cylinder and piston I have in stock is bad from a 2100. The other question about weight is the 2100 is a tank class compared to the 395. Not to mention the vibration will kill ya in a few hours. BUt since I have geek hands it only takes minutes.

Marky Mark said:
Ken the only cylinder and piston I have in stock is bad from a 2100. The other question about weight is the 2100 is a tank class compared to the 395. Not to mention the vibration will kill ya in a few hours. BUt since I have geek hands it only takes minutes.

mark

even if it's bad, it's good enough to see if it fit's. when should i come by to pick it up? what did dennis say about it?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.

If you need 2100 thin ring parts let me know I have LOTS of pistons ,rings,and cylinders Some of it is NOS and still in the boxes

Latest posts

Back