395XP Carb Heat Port??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been looking over my new 395XP tonight and the manual shows a carb heat port. Looked for a long while even with filter off and be darned if I can tell what they are talkin about. Manual pic only shows just the valve, no surrounding pic. Says it should be open for ops below 32F.
Also the H screw is limited by a cap to 1/2 turn. Is that going to enough adjustment in others experience?

I have what looks like a door to remove there but thats not what is pictured. The manual talks about 2 different cold weather options.

I have what looks like a door to remove there but thats not what is pictured. The manual talks about 2 different cold weather options.
Ok ,remove the door and they probably mean,the other option would the winter kit.This kit block a part of your starter to avoid too much cold air to enter.Dont forget to close the door when the temp gets ok.

Ok ,remove the door and they probably mean,the other option would the winter kit.This kit block a part of your starter to avoid too much cold air to enter. Dont forget to close the door when the temp gets ok.

OPEN it, don't remove it

- and I believe the blue "winter kit" is for keeping snow out, more than cold air - I never use them, even in cold weather and snow, as I believe they are a liability. I push the snow away with a foot instead, before setting the saw down.

What you said in your last sentense is very important!

Last edited:
395xp

is it a 395xp or a 395xpg?

G are heated handles and a heated intake.

Sorry I thought you were talking about the heated model.

Last edited:
Christian, you might have it there as I don't have the heated model. This thing is tear drop shaped and it appears you just swing it away from a hole or back to cover it up.

Back