346xp high screw/not fourstroking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 346xp.Was originally a Ne,but somebody exchanged it to a mahle 42mm oem jug.šŸ™
Saw is completely rebuilt with oem parts except for meteor piston.Blue coil which i believe is limited?Carb has new diaphragms fitted,limiter caps removed.
Running no base gasket,squish is 0,5mm.Muffler mod with 3/4 outlet.Transfer ports opened up and lowered at base.Piston is filed at the exhaust and transfer ports 0,75mm to compensate and increase port timing because of gasket delete.

16inch bar,3/8 picco chain.My problem is i cant seem to get the saw to four stroke.Low speed screw adjust well.If I close the high speed it will not respont to throttle at all,opening the high speed it will start to run normally at around 1 turn open.I cant however get it to four stroke no matter how much i open it.
With the high speed 2 turns out i did some cutting.Only had 8*8 lumber and it cuts like its foam,not even slowing down.I checked the spark plug after this cutting and its starting to get black(rich).

Im not sure if my carb is bad.Maybe someone has adjusted the metering lever wrong at some point,and its starving of fuel.Is there a spec for this? In my experience saws usually fourstroke/gurgle really bad if you wind out the high screw enough.Or is this a combination of a rev happy saw with a limited coil?My worry is I will burn the topend. I dont have a tach but the rpm sounds nuts,I have modified 372 and 357 and this just screams compared to thosešŸ™‚,very nice.

Im guessing it's the porting.
I've over ported a clone saw and it wouldnt four stroke at all, you could here it rev more or less when adjusting the high fuel screw but no four stroking.
I adjusted the high while cutting cookies, setting it where the saw cut the fastest/had the most power in big wood. That was 3-4 years ago and the saw's still running.

Back