395xp carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde S. Dale

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Long time listener, first time caller. I decided to trim the limiting tab off the H screw on the carb. I did a search here and found great instructions on how to do that. What it did not tell me is can I leave the limiting cap off the H screw for good? There was no limiter on the other 2. It does not seem that there is any benefit unless you leave the cap off. Can I do that? My concern is that the vibrations from running will cause the H screw to back out. The saw is a 2004 in case anyone is wondering.

I will also be ordering a tach for tuning and will definitely be using the search function to research the best options. Thanks in advance for any input.

Clyde

Last edited:
Leave it off. The spring on the needle is what puts enough pressure on it to stop it from backing out. The first thing i do when i get a saw is get rid of the limiter caps (if equipped).

Leave it off. The spring on the needle is what puts enough pressure on it to stop it from backing out. The first thing i do when i get a saw is get rid of the limiter caps (if equipped).

yep me too,,, before I even fuel one the limiters go in the garbage

Back