395xp compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkeyslayer

Smells Great
Reaction score
So I bought a compression tester today, kind of curious to see what compression the 395 has. I have never used one before and the instructions where more for automotive aplications. So I screwed the end in and pulled it over until the reading didnt go any higher, not sure if this is the correct method but came up with 155 psi. I think that is pretty good? My tester has the schrader(?) valve but it took approx. 6 pulls to reach max compression, is this normal?:)

Holding the throttle open on a chainsaw won't make much if any difference. Try it and see. All the same, I put the saw on fast idle when checking compression. That holds the throttle open a plenty that it's not creating a vacuum.

compression tester

They longer the hose on tester the more pulls you will pull to get max. Shorten hose to 4 or 5 inches and you will get max on first pull

Varmit

My 395xp reads 140 psi, if I remember right. But it's cylinder ported.
I think 155 is great for a Husky, if I remember right the Huskies have lower compression than Sthils.

Back