$4,500 saw! STIHL 090AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its 1500 overpriced what a brand new current production 090AV costs in Brazil...

Around my parts theres a saying that if you throw enough crap against a wall some of it will stick. Thats what that guy is hoping for.

Theres another guy on Ebay trying to get $250 for an old Remington Mighty mite from Monkey Wards. That saw has been on there for about a year. Another guy trying to sell a beat up can of Remington 2 stroke oil for $300.

When they were still available over here a few years back I remember seeing them advertised for around $4000 new.

really? As i do recall seeing a guy on here advertising a 2007 unfired unfueled 090AV from New Zealand and said he paid around 3200 for it.

really? As i do recall seeing a guy on here advertising a 2007 unfired unfueled 090AV from New Zealand and said he paid around 3200 for it.

Yeah, I also remember a guy selling his used 090AV for $2500 and said that he paid $4000 new for it several years ago. By comparison a 660 is $2000 new over here.

Another one an 090 - looks nice

And right now the bidding is only at 1500

link

I am an Echo fan so its not for me -- but still -- I mean Stihl

Dar

Echo..Echo...Echo

Echo CS-3000
Echo CS-452VL
Echo CS-440EVL
Echo CS-660EVL (x2)

Last edited:
I just hit the buy it now button. Then I log on here and find this thread. Do you think I paid too much? I'm kinda worried now guys. Please tell me I did ok.

WTF there are no trees in Saskatchewan that cant be cut with and 026!!!!:potstir:
And its still for sale!!!
Darn crazy Canucks!!!!

Don't tell wife there ain't no trees here! She'll wonder what all the saws are for.

Actually, when I bought my 460 from my local Stihl guy I ordered it with a 24" bar. When I went in to pick it up he had it out joking with the boys about that surfboard size bar some crazy fella bought.

24" is my big stumping bar ;) and I do make use of it occasionally. I run 14" bar on my 361 :)

stopped by the saw shop today and saw these...
090 AV, 3120 both with what appear to be 60" bars.
sorry about the crappy phone pics.

View attachment 275080View attachment 275081View attachment 275082

Evidently they built the 090 there so it isn't the same as the one on ebay...although he did mention the ebay saw when I asked price :p
personally, I'd rather have the husky

A regular 090 is perfect with a 60" bar and will pull a 96" but it's rough. 42" is ok for really hard wood but otherwise it's way too small. I haven't been able to try my 72" or an 84" to see where the power starts to drop off and where a 090G would start to cut better than the regular non-G. Last year I had access to 8 and 10 foot stumps but not right now. Maybe someday again. It would be an informative experiment. I want to run a 797 and a 101B with a 60" against a 090 and see hos it goes as well. That will weed out the men saws from the boy saws.

Latest posts

Back