4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Not a bad day, we got 3 and 1/2 pretty much done. I might have over estimated how many loads of chips; instead of 4 to 5 it looks more like 3 but we really filled the truck with 2 so far. The height was right at over 100 foot. I took these pics to show the lay of the land.

4poplars001.jpg

By the corner of a building

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff353/treemandanbucket/4poplars003.jpg

4poplars002.jpg

this one NCtree climbed and we lowered it down to where the truck was. I am hoping to pull this one down along the tree line after we drop the reat of the poles

4poplars004.jpg

This is what is left of the eye thing I recently made. I am not really sure what happened but the splice is fine.

4poplars011.jpg

4poplars012.jpg

Ok, I lied, I do know what happened, big pieces.

4poplars010.jpg

Just some shots of the playing feild.

4poplars005.jpg

4poplars006.jpg

4poplars009.jpg

And the before shot. Nctree climbed the far one (the one with the cavity) and the closest one then I did the 3rd one back. The second one back is for Plas.

plaspoplar.jpg

What, no action shots? Lookin' good, chief. How's your chipper feelin', a bit tired a presume?

What, no action shots? Lookin' good, chief. How's your chipper feelin', a bit tired a presume?

I think Sam, the HO has some. We all we pretty much to concerned about getting some work done though Nc snapped a couple of me limbing out the 3rd one but who wants to see that?
I think my chipper loves that poplar. When we dumped the chips poured out like water. It really packs them in there. I think the reduction ratio is like 150:1. I thought it was 15:1 but I was told different today.
Looks like we are getting rained out tommorow so we will have to go back on Sun. Just me and The Plas from now on in.

Poplar does chip nice and easy. It's always surprised me how little space chips take up when the leaves are off.

What engine is in your 90xp?

yeah, if it was hardwood we would have not been putting full capacity (9 to 10 inch dia) pieces in the thing.

The motor is a 50 horse Cat non-turbo.

Back