455 Difference, Dealer or Boxstore?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same Saw. Same Price. Buy from Dealer.

Mine is about 2 years old. No problems yet. Starts every time. Does fine on hardwood 12" or smaller. On the bigger stuff it is SLOW!!! On the smaller stuff it is HEAVY!

15+ full cords later and still working. Only thing I have bought were chains, oil and gas.

Bill

sorry... "landowner", but still not a "professional".

http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node3098.aspx?nid=45707

any which way you look at it bub, i am trying to help someone not toss 400 bones out the window.

my 3fiddy9 isnt a "pro" saw either. but i'll take it into battle with me. daily.

i will not ever say that about a 455.

i guess in a round about way, what i am saying is that there are better ways to spend your money.

I've a guy just up the road who owns a 455 Rancher.

I've cut with him in past years when I had a Stihl 029.

The two are very close in performance, but my saw would edge his just slightly for speed. Now as we both sharpen our own chains that could be the difference, or the Stihl is just the better saw. Like I said pretty close.

But I can't offer a further comparison as I traded off the 029 towards the 460 I have now. I got tired of waiting on it frankly & would not buy another 29.

Like the 460 a LOT better, no waiting.:clap:

And in case you're wondering, the 029 (or 290 as it's now called) is 2 sizes below the 390 in the Stihl line up.

Latest posts

Back