460 vs 461 vs 441 R C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking from experience, trying to get a chainsaw during and after a major storm can be pretty tough. In this case, it's probably just going to take long because it's a special order for them, storm or not. Good luck!

yea i know it, it bites turkey tits because i finally have got the money for a saw and the storm happens to line up

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but. When you have a remote logging camp that needs 30 - 50 saws a year and only is serviced by float planes that carry the U.S. mail. + tug boats. How do ya think we get new saws. We call a saw shop and they mail them to us.
Again. I'm not trying to be an ass. But as the consumer I'd think you'd be egar to consume. Why wait on some num nut dealer who knows a lot more about lawn mowers than bushlin saws.

Last edited:
OK all, and to update the OP....

Contrary to the email I received from Stihl (below posted earlier), I just went to the StihlUSA site as another thread on here advised the 461s were finally lists. Low and behold the 461 is there in a heated MS 461 VW model!

So looks like they will offer this saw in heated handles, or they have a huge goof on their website.

Is it just me or does it seem odd that Stihl would use "VW" as the code for heated handles when from what I have heard the original VW beetle suffered from one of the poorest heaters in a automobile ;-) :jester:

dw

Well after searching to answer the OP's original question regarding heated handles, and finding nothing on-line I e-mailed 'em below is the answer....

Mr. Raisor,

We are in receipt of and thank you for your email. STIHL no longer offers those versions simply due to lack of demand. Thank you again for your email and if we can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
B## M#####
Technical Support and Customer Support Lead

Oh well.

dw

Last edited:
461heat.jpg

trampbushler- i'd love to be workin at a remote logging camp in alaska, logging huntin fishin makin home brew and white lightenin... i was told that you cant ship stihl saws.

dw- thats funny that dont make sense to me either (the vw deal)
young- thanks for the heating diagram

Back