500i R…

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAOLE

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve got the bug in restoring a 038 super 2. Looking for a bigger saw to clear some property with a good friend this fall/winter. Is the “R” worth the price or just get a plain 500i…I should have kept my 064 I traded for a dirt bike years back!

I’m in heavy construction and have some knowledge knocking trees down with equipment but 77 acres on foot is new for the both of us, this will be weekend work. I’ve got a 20” bar and think I’m under gunned by far. I’d like to run at least 28-32”. Good size fir and cedar on his property.

I’ve been lurking here and am thing of a 3 saw plan, small pro of some sort, 038 super 2 and perhaps the 500i thinking of the wrap R version. Looks like dawgs and a side are needed to add a full wrap to a standard 500i.

I don't use the sprocket side grab bar much, but its nice to have when needed. I hate taking off the cover and to often bang my knuckles on the outer dog. Curses!!!!

I wouldnt have one without the 3/4 wrap gladly bang my knuckles.
Any color 70cc saw to get your 3 saw plan rolling it might turn into a 1 saw plan with Backup 70cc but I guess a 50cc saw is handy sometimes

I’ve got the bug in restoring a 038 super 2. Looking for a bigger saw to clear some property with a good friend this fall/winter. Is the “R” worth the price or just get a plain 500i…I should have kept my 064 I traded for a dirt bike years back!

I’m in heavy construction and have some knowledge knocking trees down with equipment but 77 acres on foot is new for the both of us, this will be weekend work. I’ve got a 20” bar and think I’m under gunned by far. I’d like to run at least 28-32”. Good size fir and cedar on his property.

I’ve been lurking here and am thing of a 3 saw plan, small pro of some sort, 038 super 2 and perhaps the 500i thinking of the wrap R version. Looks like dawgs and a side are needed to add a full wrap to a standard 500i.
An easy one. Get the 500i in whatever configuration you want. Charge it to the job, ie, you write the sucker off…
win, win.

this is actually how I got my 500, lol,
contractor got it for one job…then sold it on Craigslist 🤣

Latest posts

Back