• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 50cc pro saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawlty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for a 50cc pro saw. Open to a 346XP or MS260– or any other suggestions. New to the forum (this place is awesome) and looking to graduate from my homeowner. Looking for something ready to go and in great shape. Thank you!

I will edit to I will pay the right price for the right saw! **** appreciate that.
I will have a 346 put together next week. It’ll have a new OEM 44.3 cylinder, bearings, seal, fuel, impulse lines, spark plug. I’m waiting for a few parts to show up yet. But it’s going to be in that $450 range

He also has a lead on some waterfront property in AZ?
No, but he can hook you up with a sweet saw or a Cadillac if your willing to spend the cash to get a real nice one.
I have a few 50cc saws here, not sure I have anything for 350 or under except a nice 353 which could be converted to a 346 with a piston kit at a later date if you were trying to stay below the 350 you said above.
Welcome to AS, I like your username, the salt must flow:cry: :p.

No, but he can hook you up with a sweet saw or a Cadillac if your willing to spend the cash to get a real nice one.
I have a few 50cc saws here, not sure I have anything for 350 or under except a nice 353 which could be converted to a 346 with a piston kit at a later date if you were trying to stay below the 350 you said above.
Welcome to AS, I like your username, the salt must flow:cry: :p.
Appreciate that. We connected. I can go over the 350 mark for the right saw. I just don’t want to get to a point where I am $30 off an ms 261.
Jaded new englander— very salty.

My favorite 50cc pro-saws in order of preference are: 346XP, 026, MS261, 550XP, MS260 and own all of them except for the 550XP.
The 346XP vs. 026 is a fun debate and the deciding factors are more personal choice and inclinations.
The 026 is a little more compact and it's super easy to modify and work on, but the spring AV on the 346XP has all over the rubber AV used on the 026.
You should be able to find a 026 in your specified price range, those that have a nice running 346XP need more enticement to part with them.
The suggestion of the 353XP is a solid one, and it gives up little to a 346XP in terms of performance.

Latest posts

Back