• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 50cc pro saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite 50cc pro-saws in order of preference are: 346XP, 026, MS261, 550XP, MS260 and own all of them except for the 550XP.
The 346XP vs. 026 is a fun debate and the deciding factors are more personal choice and inclinations.
The 026 is a little more compact and it's super easy to modify and work on, but the spring AV on the 346XP has all over the rubber AV used on the 026.
You should be able to find a 026 in your specified price range, those that have a nice running 346XP need more enticement to part with them.
The suggestion of the 353XP is a solid one, and it gives up little to a 346XP in terms of performance.
346 for $400 +/- would be fair for a good/very good saw. $250-300 for the 026/260 in similar shape.

A 346 is a fabulous saw. I’d gladly spend $400 in a clean one or a competently rebuilt one. I have a few and love them.
Appreciate that. I have no issue raising my range if that’s what the market is. Fair is fair.

My favorite 50cc pro-saws in order of preference are: 346XP, 026, MS261, 550XP, MS260 and own all of them except for the 550XP.
The 346XP vs. 026 is a fun debate and the deciding factors are more personal choice and inclinations.
The 026 is a little more compact and it's super easy to modify and work on, but the spring AV on the 346XP has all over the rubber AV used on the 026.
You should be able to find a 026 in your specified price range, those that have a nice running 346XP need more enticement to part with them.
The suggestion of the 353XP is a solid one, and it gives up little to a 346XP in terms of performance.

Appreciate that. We connected. I can go over the 350 mark for the right saw. I just don’t want to get to a point where I am $30 off an ms 261.
Jaded new englander— very salty.
You may be better off buying a new 261, in the grand scheme of things it's not that much money.
The 346's can't be bought new these days so they command a premium to buy, to the guys who have to have one paying close to the price of a new 261 isn't a big deal for use because we know what we like. With shipping cost you'll get close to a 261 pretty fast, and a 261 is a nice saw, even though I'd rather have a 346 for trim work as they handle much better for me.
Maybe you need to spend the cash and buy a 70cc saw, it's hard to beat a nice 50/70 plan, unless you buy more saws :innocent:.

You may be better off buying a new 261, in the grand scheme of things it's not that much money.
The 346's can't be bought new these days so they command a premium to buy, to the guys who have to have one paying close to the price of a new 261 isn't a big deal for use because we know what we like. With shipping cost you'll get close to a 261 pretty fast, and a 261 is a nice saw, even though I'd rather have a 346 for trim work as they handle much better for me.
Maybe you need to spend the cash and buy a 70cc saw, it's hard to beat a nice 50/70 plan, unless you buy more saws :innocent:.

I agree with Chipper. No disrespect to any of the guys building/flipping saws, but there comes a point where buying new just makes more sense unless you're dead set against the current offerings.

I agree with Chipper. No disrespect to any of the guys building/flipping saws, but there comes a point where buying new just makes more sense unless you're dead set against the current offerings.
Unless it’s the Tom Brady of saws— you may be right. Too soon? Kidding! Pats fan in mourning over here— it’s all I got.

I think I have come to the same conclusion. 261 is 585 with an 18’ bar.

+1 on the 261

A 2152 would be cool!

386ba43c59b825956448367181107323.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Guys gave good advice picking up a new 261. I paid 504 with 16 bar last month. 3 local dealers will take 10 percent off if paying cash so they don’t eat credit card fees. If you need a saw now and fast it makes sense. I would recommend when you have the opportunity to pick up a 351 346 353 or the jred equivalents to do so when you run across a good deal on one cause they are just awesome little saws

Guys gave good advice picking up a new 261. I paid 504 with 16 bar last month. 3 local dealers will take 10 percent off if paying cash so they don’t eat credit card fees. If you need a saw now and fast it makes sense. I would recommend when you have the opportunity to pick up a 351 346 353 or the jred equivalents to do so when you run across a good deal on one cause they are just awesome little saws
nothing wrong with a 550xp mII ......either ..just a little heavier

Latest posts

Back