51hrs in, but we are warm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troylee

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm not saying the whole house is toasty warm, but it is way above tolerable. Doing a very good job of heating 3000 sq ft 2 story built in 1886. Power surge took out the control board on the furnace, and been on generator for 51 hrs so far. They have given us a 4 pm repair time for power, but they haven't even gotten on site yet. They don't put our town of 150 very high up on the repair list.laecee244-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg 2015-12-30-10-15-37.jpg

Nice job being prepared with the wood burner and generator. Most people waif for the power to go out before they rush around looking for one

I have 2 diesel fired gen sets and 5 or 7 gas ones but I still just usually use a lantern vs burning fuel.

Yep, back ups for back ups. And you'll find out what burns out with a power surge so you can get some spares for the next time.

Whole town has high water table, and I have 2 4 inch tiles that empty into my sump hole. Then I pump out to the city storm system. Seems weird, but that is how it is, and this is the system that they devised. City put in the storm drain because it was cheaper than suing the previous owner for the volume of water she was pumping into the driveway and street. They said at one point she had frogs living in the yard, she was pumping so much water. They don't run all the time, but when they start, they run for 24 hrs.

Power is on, but still waiting on furnace parts. Circuit board didn't fix it, now waiting on transformer. He is gonna try the old board with the new transformer so I won't get charged for something I didn't need.

May need a different tech. How can you condemn a board if you don't have low voltage. A 1st year knows better than that. Also everyone carries transformers in the van. Common stock.

Latest posts

Back