550xp and xpg denied warranty.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Actiontreenh

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So after swapping out a few 550xpgs I just left the dealer being told that my saws are not going to be covered by warranty due to being commercially used. The best part of all this is I am not commercial.
I am being told that only commercial people buy xp series saws.
I would love to know if others have had the same experience in being told this on a problem from husky?
I do own quite the collection of saws and equipment. its the typical bog and die issues with my 550s. The bad is now I have two saws under 10 hours each that are boat anchors. Sorry for the rant I am a little pissed at the moment.

Husky ain’t the only company that implies a warranty. Sad to say your Huskies cost more than my Echo did. It didn’t help me but make their life miserable by emailing Public Relations once or twice a week. Just be polite but forceful. Echo PR Manager Christine finally got tired of me, she sent me a 16 oz. bottle of mix oil and blocked my emails. :numberone: Hope you have better luck than I did. Don’t give up, that’s what they want you to do.

Awesome. They have run two dealers out of nh. That were really good dealers. Even fired the sales rep in the area. I should have seen the writing on the wall.

So after swapping out a few 550xpgs I just left the dealer being told that my saws are not going to be covered by warranty due to being commercially used. The best part of all this is I am not commercial.
I am being told that only commercial people buy xp series saws.
I would love to know if others have had the same experience in being told this on a problem from husky?
I do own quite the collection of saws and equipment. its the typical bog and die issues with my 550s. The bad is now I have two saws under 10 hours each that are boat anchors. Sorry for the rant I am a little pissed at the moment.
I would contact Husqvarna. Know people that have had xp saws repaired under warranty. Ask spike60 about that?

I did contact husqvarna directly. I don't want to post names but will if it's ok. But these people are the escalations dept in husky corporate. I was buying a redmax blower to replace an old 8001 and was debating the husky 580 and met the rep. He was the one who I thought would fix this. Its been over a year of fighting with this and since the field rep is terminated and after convincing a buddy to buy one I ran his and it was awesome. So back to the email I went to talk to the rep and he's gone. So I called corporate and this is what I got. You are denied any and all warranty because you had a tree business over ten years ago that was a weekend fun with a buddy. The new 550 was great by the way.

Thanks for letting me vent. I really can't understand how and why they would want to tell people that xp saws are for commercial only. 6 hours on one. And 4 on the other and I've had them over a year. I must be making a killing in the tree biz. I can't even keep up with firewood due to being old and beat up.

Thers 2 husky dealers in my area that no longer deal huskys. They pulled all equipment off shelf and screwed the dealers.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Back