550xp service

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like that piston has a LOT of hours on it. Typically, the intake side wears faster than the exhaust side, and the exhaust side of yours has worn off all the machine lines. I would not replace just the ring. Get a new piston.

Your rim only shows minimal wear and has a lot of life left in it.

I can't tell about your bar. Most likely it needs the rails dressed and will be good to go.

Looks like the saw could use a new rim. I'd also consider a new bar. You could try dressing it, but the damage near the sprocket doesn't look too good.

plenty of life in both from what i can tell. i'm not anal though and run consumable items til i get every last bit out of them.

Looks to me like that piston has a LOT of hours on it. Typically, the intake side wears faster than the exhaust side, and the exhaust side of yours has worn off all the machine lines. I would not replace just the ring. Get a new piston.

Your rim only shows minimal wear and has a lot of life left in it.

I can't tell about your bar. Most likely it needs the rails dressed and will be good to go.

how many 550's that actually had significant hours have you been in Brad? heck i find pistons in the 550 get worn like that after 60-80 tanks and that isn't high hours. i'd run it but it is your call.

Unfortunately the service manual is rather 'light' and does not have service limits for wear parts.

Point taken about the intake side wearing faster. I'll pull off the jug and post more photos.

Back