555 First Impressions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqavarna Guy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well finally got to fire up the new 555 last night, it was dark so no video yet. Only got to make about 15 cuts in an 18 inch log. The saw was bogging down a lot the first 5 cuts, the auto tune was adjusting itself. Then after that it acted like it started to run stronger after each cut I made. Very smooth saw, and the muffler sounds very throaty. I am sure it will take some time to break in to where I can really feel the power that it looks like it has from Mitches Vids. Thanks Guys

Well finally got to fire up the new 555 last night, it was dark so no video yet. Only got to make about 15 cuts in an 18 inch log. The saw was bogging down a lot the first 5 cuts, the auto tune was adjusting itself. Then after that it acted like it started to run stronger after each cut I made. Very smooth saw, and the muffler sounds very throaty. I am sure it will take some time to break in to where I can really feel the power that it looks like it has from Mitches Vids. Thanks Guys

Get a half a dozen tanks through it and it will be a completely different saw. In a good way :rock:

Get a half a dozen tanks through it and it will be a completely different saw. In a good way :rock:

Thanks guys I cant wait, it sure does sound mean, my wife came outside wondering what the heck I was doing in the dark with flashlights, well she figured it out. LOL

Hey TK had the Tri 5 out again this morning, it is already starting to wake up, the power is certainly starting to come on.

Just wonderin where you got it and how much they are going for, man I want one but no real husky dealers nearby. I have a 353 now and like its power to weight but want more power to run a 24" bar ocasionally.

Just wonderin where you got it and how much they are going for, man I want one but no real husky dealers nearby. I have a 353 now and like its power to weight but want more power to run a 24" bar ocasionally.

Around here they are 650.00, Baileys sells them. I have a little over a tank through mine, its a beast already, cant wait till its broken in should be even more powerful yet. I cant believe how much wood you can cut with it in a short amount of time.

Hey Maclaren did it seem like youre 555 used quite a bit of fuel when it was new, mine does, maybe Im just cutting more wood than I realize.

Honestly, I didnt keep her long enought to remember. Mdavlee has her now. You could ask him. I would imagine your just not realizin how much your usin her due to the blinding amount of fun your havin. But not to worry, as that's a very common side effect of the Husqvarna Triple 5

Honestly, I didnt keep her long enought to remember. Mdavlee has her now. You could ask him. I would imagine your just not realizin how much your usin her due to the blinding amount of fun your havin. But not to worry, as that's a very common side effect of the Husqvarna Triple 5

You are right, once I start running her I just dont want to stop. LOL How come you got rid of it anyway. You guys are the reason I got one. I just have a little over a tank through mine now, so not close to being broken in yet.

Last edited:
She went to mdavlee. I regretted sellin her and Mike is glad he has her. But i will have a 562 here Thursday to pick up. Which is what i wanted all along. Dont get me wrong i could have been content with her no doubt.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Hey TK had the Tri 5 out again this morning, it is already starting to wake up, the power is certainly starting to come on.

Good stuff, fuel economy on the 562 I though was crazy. From start to finish I took a 14" dbh maple out of the yard on a single tank. Even plucked a few cookies on that tank. As long as you keep the chain sharp you will get a whole lotta work done. Your fuel usage will go down or you'll realize just how much work you're getting done ;)

I just bought one last tuesday and paid $599.00 +tax came to $630.00. came with a 3/8 .050 - 20" bar n chain and havnt put it to the wood yet . slimmer than the 362 and feels lighter also . Does anyone know the part # for the outside spike for it? Also looking to get the tech lite 20" bar for it . :rock:

It seems to go forever on a tank compared to the other saws I'm used to. I do like it and it's my small saw below the 372xpw, then 066, 2100, and 3120. :msp_sneaky: It may end up going under the knife here soon to see if it will outcut a stock 562.

They do make the 20" Techlite bar in small mount? I think I remember seeing one on AS.

They do make the 20" Techlite bar in small mount? I think I remember seeing one on AS.

I haven't seen any reduced weight bars from Husky for small mount, unless you consider the laminate bars a reduced weight :laugh:
What is interesting however, is that the replacement noses for the TechLite bars are specific to the .050 or .058 gauge.

I haven't seen any reduced weight bars from Husky for small mount, unless you consider the laminate bars a reduced weight :laugh:
What is interesting however, is that the replacement noses for the TechLite bars are specific to the .050 or .058 gauge.

Thanks TK. I couldnt remember.

Latest posts

Back