555 Review/Total Bar Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not completely against an 18" bar, but think a 20" is more useful and can make things easier. I sent Tlandrum a pm. Thanks guys

I always like the small mounts so I could keep my saws as light as possible with a quality laminate bar. RSN adds much more weight, even on an ultralite bar, let alone the cost.

Sugi bars have been hard to get, but weedeaterman has some. He doesn't have the .058 gauge I run, but does have .050. ....

.050 can be a deal breaker - unless you are in certain parts of the US.

.... I bought a couple Jred small mount bars from Terry that I really like!!! Laminated Made in Norway, light and high quality!

At least they are lighter than the Pro-Lite ones - but I have seen different opinions on the quality. I like them for what they are - light and relatively cheap.

.050 can be a deal breaker - unless you are in certain parts of the US.

At least they are lighter than the Pro-Lite ones - but I have seen different opinions on the quality. I like them for what they are - light and relatively cheap.
Agreed on both accounts. It's hard to beat the Husq/Jred, Norway made bars for the money. Quality seems very good to me, but don't have a lot of time on the bars yet.

I always like the small mounts so I could keep my saws as light as possible with a quality laminate bar. RSN adds much more weight, even on an ultralite bar, let alone the cost.

That often is the case with RSN vs laminated, but not always - specially not with the heavier laminated bars (like Pro-Lite) vs. the lighter RSN bars.

That often is the case with RSN vs laminated, but not always - specially not with the heavier laminated bars (like Pro-Lite) vs. the lighter RSN bars.
You mean the Pro-Heavy bars! There are almost as bad as a Carleton Timber Champ bars for weight. I like my foreign made Husky bars, and always try to get them picked when I realize they are in stock.

Latest posts

Back