555 Review/Total Bar Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHBOB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I received the brand new 555 from the tradin post last Tuesday. I have around 6 tanks of fuel through it and couldn't be happier. I'm not gonna lie, I really thought I would regret not buying the 562, typically when I "settle" for something, I regret it but this saw rips for the way it handles and balances. I'm not saying the 562 isn't improved, but I'll buy a 70cc saw for the power. I've been cutting everything around the house from 4" hemlock and pine to a bucking and noodling 24" maple, going to need to buy some grass seed soon. :chainsaw:

The first two tanks were Tru Fuel and after the AT setup, is seemed to run and idle great. As much cutting as I have been doing, I mixed up a gallon can of 40:1 91 Octane/ Husky XP blend and it did seem to lose some crispness for from a couple cuts, but I would assume the AT just needed to make the adjustment. I was surprised though that the fuels were that much different, maybe it was in my head?:dizzy:

Last thing, I really want to try a Total bar and have been looking online with little luck for the small mount. I decided to call a local Jonsered dealer and see if by any chance they could get one. After going back and forth the dealer found one in stock, which really surprised me because it seemed like he barely knew what I was talking about with the small mount. Its a .058 but if that's the only obstacle I can buy new chain. Anyone else have a Total on their 555? I'm going to go check it out Thursday possibly but want to know if there was a product number I should look for. I'm probably going to bring the powerhead as well.
Thanks guys

l recently obtained a tripple nickel from AS favourite Dex and after a little run time now l conclude they are a respectable 60cc saw packed with new technology and have a good feel with a nice personality. They are every bit a pro saw as far as a husky goes and offer the build quality as the xp models IMO. It is a good companion to my 550xp and cost about the same price. If your dead set on a husky and want the best value saw for your pennys, the 555 might be best for you.

l recently obtained a tripple nickel from AS favourite Dex and after a little run time now l conclude they are a respectable 60cc saw packed with new technology and have a good feel with a nice personality. They are every bit a pro saw as far as a husky goes and offer the build quality as the xp models IMO. It is a good companion to my 550xp and cost about the same price. If your dead set on a husky and want the best value saw for your pennys, the 555 might be best for you.
I already bought a 555 but I couldn't agree more, love that saw.

What I was really looking for though is if any 555 owners have a total bar and if they have a part number to reference.
I was also interested in a techlite but it seems people are much happier with the total and it's the same price locally (if jonsered does have he right bar)

My brother has a old 20" small mount Total bar on a old 359. Similar deal and works just fine. I personally would be looking for the lightest bar possible.

The 555 is a Very Good saw! Congrats.

I have the 555's younger brother the 545 and I love it. I have a Tusmara bar and love it...
Are the new Tsumura bars Total now or are they still making both? Where did you guys get yours?
I've looked on weedeaterman but didn't see the small mount mentioned.

Hopefully the one the jonsered dealer said he has fits. $65 for a 20" 3/8 72dl .058 seems kind of low (not complaining though)

I have a Sugi Hara 18" on my 555, not a total, but very similar to the Tsumura light and tough, its been awesome.

I have a total bar on my 372 that I ordered from TLandrum/Wicked Work Saws, you should check with him.

I have a Sugi Hara 18" on my 555, not a total, but very similar to the Tsumura light and tough, its been awesome.

I have a total bar on my 372 that I ordered from TLandrum/Wicked Work Saws, you should check with him.

I have seen the 18" Sugi Hara around, is that because they don't make a 20" small mount?

Thanks for the info!

I have seen the 18" Sugi Hara around, is that because they don't make a 20" small mount?

Thanks for the info!
Sugi bars have been hard to get, but weedeaterman has some. He doesn't have the .058 gauge I run, but does have .050.
Check with him and TLandrun for Total, etc.

I bought a couple Jred small mount bars from Terry that I really like!!! Laminated Made in Norway, light and high quality!
Call him...

Back