Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqavarna Guy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys is the 555 made in Germany or Swedan? I have heard all the bigger saws or XP saws are made in Swedan.

Way to much emphasis on country of origin. Junk stuff has been made by each and every country thru out history. Decisions on buying need to be model specific, this is where advertisers slay the general public. When i was a kid 40-45 years ago stuff labeled made in Japan was considered junk, nowadays stuff labeled made in Japan is pretty good stuff.

There are others made in the USA. I just don't remember them off the top of my head.

There are others made in the USA. I just don't remember them off the top of my head.

Not any more current ones, but the 36, 41, 136, 141, 137 and 142 was made at the Poulan factory as well. There are probably going to be some changes in the near future, as Husky is restructuring their factory structure.......

I am not really sure where the T435 and T425 is made - it may be at the Zenoah/Redmax factory in Japan.

Not any more current ones, but the 36, 41, 136, 141, 137 and 142 was made at the Poulan factory as well. There are probably going to be some changes in the near future, as Husky is restructuring their factory structure.......

I am not really sure where the T435 and T425 is made - it may be at the Zenoah/Redmax factory in Japan.

I have saws on a shelf that say made in USA. Not 235/240 models. Trust me.

I don't really care the 555 is made, if you've run one you want one. I want one in the worst way!!!!!!!!!!! I ran two different ones today, and want one soooo bad now. I ran a few bigger saws that made more power but I expected them to make big power. The 555 looks no bigger than my 026 and it would hands down whoop its @$$. I know its 10cc bigger but it doesn't feel bigger, look bigger or well who cares that saw straight shreds wood!!!! I need to start saving my money now!

I don't really care the 555 is made, if you've run one you want one. I want one in the worst way!!!!!!!!!!! I ran two different ones today, and want one soooo bad now. I ran a few bigger saws that made more power but I expected them to make big power. The 555 looks no bigger than my 026 and it would hands down whoop its @$$. I know its 10cc bigger but it doesn't feel bigger, look bigger or well who cares that saw straight shreds wood!!!! I need to start saving my money now!

Tell me about it. They really are something else. Congrats on your future purchase Matt!:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, but the 560xp is more power in the same package! :big_smile:

Btw, the 260 is much lighter, but not the 261.

On an interesting side note- one of the first SF teams in a-stan was ODA 555 or 'triple nickle'. They also packed alot of punch in a small package. :)

I fondled one of those saws the other day. Looked sweet, 'bout the same feel(just holding it) as my 350. I bet it cuts better though!

Back