Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On an interesting side note- one of the first SF teams in a-stan was ODA 555 or 'triple nickle'. They also packed alot of punch in a small package. :)

I fondled one of those saws the other day. Looked sweet, 'bout the same feel(just holding it) as my 350. I bet it cuts better though!

Would smoke a 350. No doubt.

On an interesting side note- one of the first SF teams in a-stan was ODA 555 or 'triple nickle'. They also packed alot of punch in a small package. :)

I fondled one of those saws the other day. Looked sweet, 'bout the same feel(just holding it) as my 350. I bet it cuts better though!

I doubt you'd use your 361 much if you had a 555

In my in-experienced opinion Husqvarna hit a grandslam with the 555.. Damn shame they are having trouble getting the 562xp out.....:cry:

I got to handle a 555 at the dealer the other day and what impressed me the most was how light it is and slim. Noticeably lighter than the 357 and about the same size as the new orange and white 50cc, but actually slimmer. Yes I had them side by side. :D

Saw feels great in the hands! I got to have one, but waiting on the 562xp....For the moment.

Ok, I believe you, and they may already have started the changes I mentioned. The question is which models it is about? :smile2:

5581572259_5b0b337bc3_z.jpg

5581573469_576b06b4f9_z.jpg

Husqvarna AB, Huskvarna Sweden

I can't imagine they'd want us to know where the box was made lol

Maybe...

Box is 100% recycled content pressed by bark-lickers in a plant in Hackensack, NJ... The non-touristy part. Because we all know there's no logging going on in the US to produce a virgin box :D:D:D. Meanwhile, in Guatemala, a guy is freehand slabbing a crate with a new 090 :rock:.

Hmmmmm....

Manufacture the saws in Europe, ship them to the US, install the bar & chain, spark plug, and air filter. Voila! Made in the USA?

That sort of thing does happen with textiles, but I doubt there's much incentive to do it with OPE, at least not for a European company. Wouldn't surprise me if John Deere or Briggs & Stratton tried something like that at some point.

Back