562 =game change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to be spoiled.My level curiosity of what other saws have to offer has dropped to an all-time low since running the 562.It isn't only the power that is impressive.My MM 361 is real close in power.It takes some getting used to not being involved in carb tuning.The saw pulls and idles like a dream.

That great. Im hoping this will cure my CAD for a while. I need to finish a few project saws and move on to other things too. I've been trying to infect my brother with CAD so I can stop spending my money. So far it hasnt taken, yet. :msp_sneaky: With all the good things I've heard about the saw, it seems way to good to be true. But, I read it on the internets so its got to be true. :rolleyes:

The Jonsered 2260 can't get here soon enough for me. My cousin has had his 562 for about a year and loves it. And he stepped down from a 372.

Was checking out the 2260 the other day. My buddy is a Jonsered fan and wants to run my 562 when it arrives at my doorstep. When is the 2260 scheduled to arrive? He has a Jonsered dealer local to him and done business with them for a long time. I just got an old 2050 running yesterday that hadnt been run in 10 years. Needed a carb kit. It was the first saw I ever ran years ago. I remember thinking it was powerful :hmm3grin2orange:

unscientific

What's the weight difference between the 361 and 562?
I used both (361&562) yesterday,imho, the 361 is still a little lighter.It could have been the difference in gas & oil.I NEVER ran a 60cc.saw in the past where I wasn't humming the tune from Jeopardy when the contestants are filling out their final answers.So much for my 365xt/372xt curiousity.I'm good.

According to KWF (German test lab), the 560xp weights the same as the MS361, while the 562xp is about .4 to .5 lbs heavier.
Are they trustworthy or is there a hidden agenda?:hmm3grin2orange..Now I'm curious.I thought the 560and 562 were more similar.At .5 lbs. that's more than I would have expected.So the 2260 Jonsereds will be .4-.5 lbs. lighter than a 562?

Are they trustworthy or is there a hidden agenda?:hmm3grin2orange..Now I'm curious.I thought the 560and 562 were more similar.At .5 lbs. that's more than I would have expected.So the 2260 Jonsereds will be .4-.5 lbs. lighter than a 562?

Likely not quite, since it has the Jonsered handlebar and plastic, that likely adds an ounce or two (or about .1 lbs)....:D

I don't trust KWF 100%, as there may well be a hidden agenda (they have been known to work closely with Dolmar, and they are German) - and they are really "good" at making misprints in their reports (too much "copy and paste"?).
However, I see no reason they would lie about the weights, as that would be too obvious?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back