562xp 5 bolt case vs 6 bolt cases

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarongd

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. i have a question for you. I have a 562XP and I was looking for a RH clutch side case with 6 bolts. I bought an entire lower case assembly thinking it also was a 6 bolt. Wrong answer, its a 5 bolt. So my question is: Can i put the crank from the newer 6 bolt case into the 5 bolt case and if so, will all the rest of the parts fit onto the 5 bolt case? Muffler, carb, plastics etc etc. If so, i can get that done ASAP. I bought the case splitter from Jacks small engine and it works absolutely awesome. Thx in advance.

on 560xp-s i have made the conversions from 5 bolt to 6 bolt. swapping the fueltank, plastic covers, cylinder etc. to a newer version case. so i think the other way around is it also doable.

and info what may help in future:
562XP:
6bolt pattern magnesium crankcase from sn. 20133400001
6bolt pattern aluminium clutchside case from sn. 20164300001

560XP:
6bolt pattern magnesium crankcase from sn. 20132500001
6bolt pattern aluminium clutchside case from sn. 20164300001

Wait a second they are using aluminum for some cases and magnesium on some. And either one will fit provided you use the same bolt count on both sides? Ive seen aluminum cases used on the semi pro models from dolmer but didnt kbow husky did it too.more info is needed on this subject for me please explain it for me thank you.

oops i told a little bit too much info what was not needed, in HQ im now in most wanted list to torture...

Yes, they are using now on 560/562XP crankcase, where one side(ignition) is magnesium and other side(clutch side) is aluminium. it was said that changes was made to improve durability.
in my opinion the magnesium one held also pretty good, even the 5 bolt ones (user, owner caused failures, poor maintenance etc. were more common on 560/562).
and the aluminium side is a lot thicker and heavier. on my "non-verified kitchen scale" i measured approx. 70-100g difference.
On my opinion bigger problem is the cylinder base gasket/bolts tightening and due that air-leakage(the bolt pattern with the large surface, thermo-dynamical forces etc.)

but hey! im only a mechanic, i may not know how the qualified engineers make these things...

Latest posts

Back