562xp first run question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canton

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
It was suggested that I move this to this forum....

Just received the 562xp I ordered and have a quick, or hopefully quick question about setting the autotune on first run. Most of what I've read so far instructs you to cut a thick log at full throttle for the first 3 to 5 min for the carb to adjust itself. This matches what I found in the manual I got online as well.

The manual that came with the saw (printed 10/19/2015) simply tells you that the saw will adjust itself after a few fuelings at normal running. High speed will be set during loaded running and idle is set when the saw idles for some time.

Any suggestions on which procedure i should follow or if it matters ?

Thanks guys. That's what I figured. Oddly enough at the beginning of the manual, for running in it states to avoid running at too high a speed for extended periods for the first 10 hours. I assume they mean with no load.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys. That's what I figured. Oddly enough at the beginning of the manual, for running in it states to avoid running at too high a speed for extended periods for the first 10 hours. I assume they mean with no load.

Thanks again.
Yes that is always meant with no load and to not start milling with a brand new saw. Although I prefer some noodling as I usually don't get large wood. With a few noodling cuts with full bar contact you get the same effect. This would be noodling and I find the noodles to be the best fire starter there is.

Thanks again.

Yes.

Latest posts

Back