Couple ?’s about the 562

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poulan Hunter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just got a 562xp from my uncle on a very good deal. It is a 2020 model and he has only started it twice. Once to make a couple cuts with it on a 4x4 just to run it I guess and the other to cut up a 4” elm limb that fell out of one of his trees. In other words I have pretty much a new 562. I have owned one in the past that was a good runner with a timing advance and a muffler mod by a well known member on here and while it revved and had good rpm it lacked a lot in torque. My questions are 1-does a 562 benefit from the muffler being opened up a little and 2-being pretty much new is there a procedure to tuning a new autotune saw? I obviously know you can’t adjust the carb but I have read that on a new 592 there is a procedure to to tune it when new. Just wondering if there is a procedure for a new 562 also. I plan on running a 40:1 mix in it if that matters.

There really isn’t a tuning procedure, it’s pretty much a self tuning system. 40:1 will be just fine in that saw. IMO all strato saws need a little extra mix oil due to the raw air being metered into the engine. 50:1 is EPA mandated BS.

I've had two 562s over the last 9 years, one used and not treated the best. Neither lacked torque in either hardwood (buried up to 24") or softwood (buried up to 28" and beyond). Both fully stock, and one before I really learned how to sharpen well.

I am now down to one unit and have bucked 30+" soft and hardwood with it with a 20" bar. It eats and doesn't slow down until the chain needs attention or the oiling ports clog.

Just throwing that out there. Maybe retune or reset the carb.

I've had two 562s over the last 9 years, one used and not treated the best. Neither lacked torque in either hardwood (buried up to 24") or softwood (buried up to 28" and beyond). Both fully stock, and one before I really learned how to sharpen well.

I am now down to one unit and have bucked 30+" soft and hardwood with it with a 20" bar. It eats and doesn't slow down until the chain needs attention or the oiling ports clog.

Just throwing that out there. Maybe retune or reset the carb.
That saw is now gone. This one will remain stock except for possibly a mm if I find out they benefit from one.

Back