562xp leaking bar oil from adjustment screw. Never run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnbug

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Purchased a brand new 562xp last year. Put bar oil in but never ran. 1 year later, there is a small spot of oil , Maybe 2-3" diameter puddle.

Also, the screw is really hard to turn. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 20240213_013841.jpg
    20240213_013841.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
In a years time it left a 2”-3” spot? That’s just the saw marking it’s territory. Chainsaws tend to leak a bit, nature of the beast. The oil pump adjustment screw on most new huskies have a detent, takes a bit of force to overcome. Looks like it’s maxed out. Could turn it fully to the right and back to max setting to confirm.

In a years time it left a 2”-3” spot? That’s just the saw marking it’s territory. Chainsaws tend to leak a bit, nature of the beast. The oil pump adjustment screw on most new huskies have a detent, takes a bit of force to overcome. Looks like it’s maxed out. Could turn it fully to the right and back to max setting to confirm.
Ah gotcha. I'm new to chainsaws but not new to engines. Was thinking that adjustment would turn like a carb screw. I was able to turn it to the right about 1/8 of a turn. Just didn't want to continue until I hear from the experts. I will try that. Thanks!

Edit

Man, it's really tight... screwdriver is slipping and taking off some burrs. I'm not lacking muscle either.

Attachments

• 20240213_023922.jpg
    20240213_023922.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I have not run the saw at all. Thinking about bringing it to a dealer and have them try. I opened a case with Husky. I wonder if it is still under warranty. I think it's two years, then you can more.

The oil adjustment screw is: Not an ordinary threaded screw.
It is a spring-loaded control knob with three settings. Its head looks like a screw and you turn it with a screwdriver.
To change from one setting to another you have to release the muscle force downwards. Because the srewheadlookalike have to come up a little bit to step over to next setting. If your current setting is low, you can only turn left and if your current setting is high you can only turn right. Sound like your setting was in the middle and thereafter you were able to turn one step to the right. Now you are in the low setting and you are not able to turn it any more to the right. But, to find out how it is working and to make sure of the setting you want; it may now be possible to turn two steps to the left, the high setting. If you are not sure what setting to use: High is never too high and high is never too low, so just let it be in high and be happy.

The oil adjustment screw is: Not an ordinary threaded screw.
It is a spring-loaded control knob with three settings. Its head looks like a screw and you turn it with a screwdriver.
To change from one setting to another you have to release the muscle force downwards. Because the srewheadlookalike have to come up a little bit to step over to next setting. If your current setting is low, you can only turn left and if your current setting is high you can only turn right. Sound like your setting was in the middle and thereafter you were able to turn one step to the right. Now you are in the low setting and you are not able to turn it any more to the right. But, to find out how it is working and to make sure of the setting you want; it may now be possible to turn two steps to the left, the high setting. If you are not sure what setting to use: High is never too high and high is never too low, so just let it be in high and be happy.
Excellent, Jonas. The adjustment screw is likely already wide open and trying to go further by unscrewing it is not possible.

I received a response from support. He said it could be a screw that is loose. I did a live chat and asked what screw could be loose and they pointed to 575260402 chain tensioner kit?

Thanks Jonas for the info. So it is not a variable screw like carb idle screws. There is only 3 settings. gotcha. What do you mean when you say, release the muscle force downwards?

Purchased a brand new 562xp last year. Put bar oil in but never ran. 1 year later, there is a small spot of oil , Maybe 2-3" diameter puddle.

Also, the screw is really hard to turn. Am I missing something?
I would say that is normal. If you are going to have a chainsaw you need to tolerate some bar oil leakage.

I received a response from support. He said it could be a screw that is loose. I did a live chat and asked what screw could be loose and they pointed to 575260402 chain tensioner kit?

Thanks Jonas for the info. So it is not a variable screw like carb idle screws. There is only 3 settings. gotcha. What do you mean when you say, release the muscle force downwards?
The oiler adjustment screw has 3 positions that it locks into. The plastic has 3 saddles moulded into it and there is some kind of spring loaded locking mechanism that sits in one of the saddle spots. The screw head has to come UP to come out of the current spot and over the hump the next one. If you push down hard, you’re fighting against the hump.

Latest posts

Back