Purchased a new 562XP yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDuty04

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I had been eye balling the MS 362c and the 562Xp and finally pulled the trigger on the 562 yesterday. The shop only had it in a 24" setup so I am looking to add an additional bar (18" and was thinking maybe a Sugi but have never owned one. Are they that great or is my $ better spent elsewhere? I just purchased a new home sitting on 20 acres and it was timbered last year so I have a ton of cleanup to do. Thinking about adding a smaller 30-40cc saw to the mix for cleaning up all the tops laying on the ground. Definitely looking forward to all the projects on the horizon.

I had been eye balling the MS 362c and the 562Xp and finally pulled the trigger on the 562 yesterday. The shop only had it in a 24" setup so I am looking to add an additional bar (18" and was thinking maybe a Sugi but have never owned one. Are they that great or is my $ better spent elsewhere? I just purchased a new home sitting on 20 acres and it was timbered last year so I have a ton of cleanup to do. Thinking about adding a smaller 30-40cc saw to the mix for cleaning up all the tops laying on the ground. Definitely looking forward to all the projects on the horizon.
Sugi or Tsumura are good bars , the 540xp Mark 3 is out now , supposed to be real nice for 40cc class

I probably would've waited for the Mark 2 562xp, just to see what it's all about.

I loved the model, but both of mine crapped out early and fixing them is almost as expensive as replacing them.

I have a 18" Sugi lightweight on my Stihl MS261 and it's a nimble rig.
If I were to do it all over, I would have purchased a standard Sugi bar, as a 18" lightweight doesn't gain you that much weight and balance benefit and they are not as robust as an all steel bar.

I probably would've waited for the Mark 2 562xp, just to see what it's all about.

I loved the model, but both of mine crapped out early and fixing them is almost as expensive as replacing them.
I needed something now, I have a lot of work to get done before deer season hits in the fall. What crapped out and why so expensive? I rebuild my own saws so parts is all I'm looking at.

Ordered an 18" bar and couple of powercut chains for it yesterday. I just did a cheap Oregon Power Match bar but I am eye balling a Sugi Hara bar for it just undecided on what length I want it in yet.

I really liked a 20 on my 562. 24 in hardwood, 28 in softwood. Balance was awkward with the 28. 20 is perfect for my frame, and 24 is still comfortable. I'm 6'3" with longer, lanky arms.
Mine came with a 24" bar and I really can't see me needing much larger than that. I wanna play around with the 18 and 24 and see which one feels and cuts the best and then spend money on the high end bar. I think in the next week I am going to pick up maybe an Echo 2511T to go along with this new 562. That will definitely help get a lot of the tops laying on the ground cleaned up.

Mine came with a 24" bar and I really can't see me needing much larger than that. I wanna play around with the 18 and 24 and see which one feels and cuts the best and then spend money on the high end bar. I think in the next week I am going to pick up maybe an Echo 2511T to go along with this new 562. That will definitely help get a lot of the tops laying on the ground cleaned up.

I may have missed it, but is this mostly a firewood saw, or will you also be doing a lot of falling/limbing with it?

Mainly gonna be a cleanup saw for the tons of felled trees, tops, and mess that the loggers left behind.

Loggers and climbers....they are great at making messes but rarely ever clean them up!

I'd say go with the 24 if you want the reach/have a bad back. Stick with the 18 or 20, otherwise.

Back