562xp Max bar length

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody. As always this is the best place to go for advice and info!. I recently got a562xp in a lot i bought. The guy said the 32 and 36in bars he gave me go to this saw but I found its recommended a 28" Max. Can this saw pull a 36" of so how does it do? I have to rebuild the saw but it will be for sale so I have to educate myself I've never even held one of these until now. I sell saws btw [email protected]

I'm going on husky site recommendation with the 28. I thought a 32 and 36 were a bit much but I don't claim to know everything lol. It has a 20 on it now. But those bars ain't cheap so I gotta get some saw too put em on then

Right. I tend to agree based solely on power but I can say you take a 271 and a 280 with a 20 and tell me which cuts better.... not the stronger saw I promise you that. So I figured maybe there's something about the 562 I don't know from reading.

Ran a 562xp from 2012 till this past spring. Great saw Pretty much just cutting hard wood around here. 20" was it's happy place closer to a light saber. 24" was doable but not graceful. Would never have attempted a 28" in hardwood. Just not enough saw for a 28" with any margin of safty. Wasn't hard to get the chain to stop with a 24" bar.

I have a 24 inch new in the cardboard. The 20 I have on it feels more like a 19. So the 24 would be more like a 23 . That's as big as I would go for hardwood s. I think hot saws was running a larger bar. Maybe 32 skip tooth on softwood

Back