562xp mm best way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIMBERTRON

DONE MOVING IN GREAT FALLS NOW
Reaction score
so im looking to do a muffler mod on my 562xp and was wondering what is the best way to split the muffler.
im horrid at brazing and i dont have a tig but i do have a machine shop that will tig it back together or brazen it back together which way is best

do not split the muffler. you can do everything you need to do from the outside. you can grind everything out from the inlet and outlet.

tlandrum been a big fan of your work. and thanks i will grind away then i never did a 5 series muffler mod so this is my first one of these. thanks for the tip i just want to make sure i do a decent job at it

if you do it the way I do them now,you cant see that its been done. just make certain you don't grind too much under the shroud ,so that it will melt the plastic. I scribe a line along inner part of the outlet using the cover as a guide to go by.

well that wont be good if i take to much off thanks for the heads up i will have to fallow suite and use your method to do it appreciate the helpfull tips dose it improve the performance much and shoud i reflash the auto tune before i start it up for the first time once done

sweet well im grinding away on this muffler got about half done so far still working on the rest but when im done it will still look stock. thnks for the tips it helped
and no reflash is cool too
these auto tunes are somthing else love this 562. and with this mm done all thats left to do when the little lady ant looking is send it off to be woods ported

I always have a hard time holding the muffler in the vice. While I am grinding it becomes loose and I have to stop and adjust. Mufflers seem to be made with odd angles the prevent getting a good clamp. Anyone have any tricks or suggestions?

Here is what I end up doing if I don't have enough hands to work with.
My mat on my bench is thick rubber so that helps. You might try a piece of a mud flap or such.
(I just snapped the picture to give you an idea, haven't ground on it yet)

uploadfromtaptalk1415243050269.jpg

i held mine in my had just yesterday and on my lap as i grinded the baffles out. made my 562xp sound awsome and it seem to be more responsive now as well
tlandrum thanks for the help i was going to split the muffler but you stoped me before i did thank you and im all done and the saw is running with a sweet sound to it now as well thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back