562xp Muffler mod vs Stock 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
562xp muffler mod vs stock 7900

Both to be had for the same price, $550.

So how would the saws really compare?

Usually cut oak 24" or less. 18-20" oak the norm with 20" bar.

550xp is my small saw.

gg

with a 20" bar i would want the 562 simply for the weight savings. If your going to run any bigger of a bar then the 7900 would be my choice.

I seem to recall the early 7900s having problems with air filtration and leaky seams around the air filter. It is a hot 79cc saw though. I recall the porters at the time not being able to get much more out of them at first. That was before squish band milling became standard I think.

Already own the 7900. Nice and clean bought it here from Oldsawnut. Just debating if I should grab a 562 to try out. I have a 2 saw plan max. One would then be sold.

gg

you already have a 50cc...a 60cc isnt much different. slightly better at falling trees and slightly worse for limbing. keep the 7900 and if you want to add a saw then go for a 562 but a 562 is not going to replace a 7900

Big Dave Nieger had no problems porting my 7901 back when they FIRST came out ;).

Ran good enough to run at the alky races even though a woods ported saw. The sister saw to mine is still out there today. Mine is out west.

hmmmm Ian running my 7901 back in 08 I think.

IMG_8260-M.jpg

Back