562xp problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzklrz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, I put a new el44 carb on my 562, did the firmware update, tested everything on the diagnostics tool. The saw ran balls out for the first several cuts, but after warming up, it starts idling what seems like 1/3 throttle?? It will calm down to a somewhat normal idle but as soon as I hit the throttle it jumps up to the fast idle? I reset the carb and still no luck. The linkage isn't binding and everything is in check. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this? Should I run it for a tank and see if it works itself out? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a air leak. That really needs to be checked before you run it any more. Could be as simple as a fuel line.

Just curious, why a el44 carb when the updated el48 is available?

just installed new crank bearing so I'm guessing its a leak also. Seems like a huge leak though to cause that high of an idle. A member here recommended the original el44 over the el48, the el48 should also have the newer ignition installed too.

just installed new crank bearing so I'm guessing its a leak also. Seems like a huge leak though to cause that high of an idle. A member here recommended the original el44 over the el48, the el48 should also have the newer ignition installed too.
Mine has the el44, it's original and never been a problem, but if I were needing a replacement, I'd go with the el48.

I do believe there were much more problems with the el46 carb, so you might be fine with the el44.
Just got to fine that air leak.

its been a fiesty thing lately, 53hrs on it. It just puzzles the hell out of me why it ran great then started acting up. When I press the purge bulb the saw will drop in rpm drastically so it sure has to be a leak. I will check the fuel lines and replace those and see what happens. I had my el48 off my 2015 562 on the 2011 562 and it ran the way it should.

i have the el46 on both of my 2260's and they have been trouble free so far....

I changed one of my 562s over to the el48 and it ran great for maybe 50 hrs wish I still had my el44 on it... It floods out when refueling and wont start unless I remove air filter and plug ... Sigh

fullskip

Latest posts

Back