562xp stumble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhoon

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey fellas! It's been a long time since I posted on here.. but I have an issue that's driving me nuts. I run a sawmill, and so of course my saws are in my hands almost daily. I have a few saws. I have a 562xp that is my go-to saw. I use it for nearly everything. I have had it for several years, and it has always had the infamous 'stumble' off of idle when you blip the throttle. It runs fantastic otherwise, idles great, etc. But this stumble drives me crazy, especially when I am limbing with it. I have an older 346xp... and it has spoiled me as far as throttle response. :) I have owned probably 15 different Husky saws, and this is the only saw that has ever done it. I watched the youtube video that Mitch made on the possible fixes... but... I have never had any of my saws apart to that degree, have never taken a carb out, and I am not sure I feel comfortable messing around in an 800.00 saw without knowing what I am doing. I would be willing to do about anything to get it fixed. I would have no problem sending it out to someone... or.. I would even happily buy a new carb and install it if I knew that I could do it myself. I am so frustrated that I am considering selling it and just buying a new one, in hopes that the new one wouldn't have this issue. haha. Anyways.... I am hoping someone will have a suggestion. Thanks in advance.

First thing is to have it hooked up and have it reset and or the latest firmware installed. A good dealer will do this for free. If that doesn't help a new carb will likely fix the issue. I like to perform a vacuum/pressure test anytime I replace a carb on one of these saws with this issue just to be safe.

I had that issue with one. Have it updated and check to see what carb it has. I'm guessing yours is an EL44 as mine was and it had the stumble/bog. The Update helped but didn't totally fix it. I put on an EL46 carb and issue resolved.
You can do the swap yourself, get an update for your present carb and if you purchase a 46 just swap the electronic parts...3 screws I believe, reinstall and go cut for 90 seconds to set the new carb to its software. I haven't had a problem with mine since.

Latest posts

Back