562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So when is the 562xp going to be on the shelves in the U S? This saw has my attention.:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't know, but my 560xpg arrived here a few weeks ago - so I guess any time now, unless there still are some issue with the EPA paperwork....

I don't know, but my 560xpg arrived here a few weeks ago - so I guess any time now, unless there still are some issue with the EPA paperwork....

Sawtroll, I love reading about your experiences with saws, and forgive me for being a total newbie and hijacking this thread for a simple question, but how do those heated handles work? Electric? Heated by exhaust gasses?

I like the 562 but honestly, in the Midwest plains states of the US I don't have much need for it on the farm.

Nick

I seen a Saskwatch the other day! I was walking in the woods to some windfalls and when I crested a big hill, there it was ten feet in front of me. That thing glared at me, put up its fists, and took a step towards me, so I gave my Husqvarna ONE pull and it fired up. I gunned the throttle and that Saskwatch let out a yelp loud as the saw, then ran off fast as a deer.

Two pulls would have been dicey, three pulls and I'd have been a goner.

Last edited:
I seen a Saskwatch the other day! I was walking in the woods to some windfalls and when I crested a big hill, there it was ten feet in front of me. That thing glared at me, put up its fists, and took a step towards me, so I gave my Husqvarna ONE pull and it fired up. I gunned the throttle and the Saswatch let out a yelp loud as the saw, then ran off fast as a deer.

Two pulls would have been dicey, three pulls and I'd have been a goner.

Now this is a chainsaw experience lol!

Sawtroll, I love reading about your experiences with saws, and forgive me for being a total newbie and hijacking this thread for a simple question, but how do those heated handles work? Electric? Heated by exhaust gasses?

I like the 562 but honestly, in the Midwest plains states of the US I don't have much need for it on the farm.

Nick

Electric for a long time now, but it started with using the exhaust gas, in the late 1960s.
I am pretty sure that Partner was the first brand to use it (R18).

Last edited:
I've been trying to find that out

Electric for a long time now, but it started with using the exhaust gas, in the late 1960s.
I am pretty sure that Partner was the first brand to use it (R18).

I was trying to remember what saw I ran way back in the day with a heated handle, and I was thinking I was remembering it used the exhaust gas. I thought it was a poulan though but just can't remember now. It did work.

Nick

Like sawtroll said they are electric these days. There is a generator on the back side of the flywheel. The wires go to a switch to allow to turn on or off the heating coils in the handles.

Thanks guys, the info is much appreciated! Unfortunately, the Husky dealer is about 90 miles away so not much chance to just drop buy and check them out.....

Nick

Latest posts

Back