562xp flip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’ve got a buddy who has a 562xp autotune saw that fails to start or even attempt to run. I’m thinking about giving him 100$ for it as long as the case and good and they cylinder isn’t all trashed out. I’m pretty fair at working on saws and small engines, but I’ve never messed with autotune before. Any potential watchouts or things I need to check/be aware of before executing?

Autotune came out 14 years ago, so if you haven't encountered it before I assume you're used to working on classic saws and old stuff. The fundamentals haven't changed much though so you'll be ok.

If you don't have access to someone with the Husky software (usually a dealer) don't expect to be able to read anything from the system. That said, it's not really that exotic and it's just a matter of starting with the basics. Honestly, all I care about is that the piston and cylinder aren't torn up and the saw has good compression. From there move to ignition. If those two check out we can deal with fuel system.

Autotune came out 14 years ago, so if you haven't encountered it before I assume you're used to working on classic saws and old stuff. The fundamentals haven't changed much though so you'll be ok.

If you don't have access to someone with the Husky software (usually a dealer) don't expect to be able to read anything from the system. That said, it's not really that exotic and it's just a matter of starting with the basics. Honestly, all I care about is that the piston and cylinder aren't torn up and the saw has good compression. From there move to ignition. If those two check out we can deal with fuel system.
Yeah classic stuff or just cheap, and random small engines like trimmers etc..I don’t think there’s a trimmer made I can’t fix, chainsaws sometimes present a challenge.

Latest posts

Back