575xp crank stuffer clip failure?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countryboy1253

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello has anyone seen a crank stuffer retainer failure? I bought a case from ebay that the guys said had a good crank. Well the crank felt fine and the lower rod bearing was good so I proceeded to install all my parts. When I got to the piston I was wiping the bottom end out to make sure nothing was in the bottom which was clean I noticed smeared metal next to the outside of the bell. I was able to pull one small piece out and it is a thin piece of metal about a 1/16" wide and flat. Has anyone seen a 357xp,575xp,576xp toss one of these? I feel bad for the seller because i don't believe he noticed it either and he took the time to package very well oil everything etc but man now I have to split the case buy parts etc this will teach me for being cheap and not buying the factory crank kit.:frown:

The crank stuffer just slips onto the crank. I'm not sure what you mean by retainer, but the body
of the stuffer is thin, stamped steel. I've never seen one of those fail.

Split the case and just pull the stuffers off and put it back together and run it. It'll have a little
more torque without the stuffers.

Back