576xp husky performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock one that came on the saw. I know Oregon makes it, but it's not the same profile as the LGX.

There are no "stock" chain on Huskys that size afaik, but I guess you are referring to the Vanguard "safety" chain.

That one sure is important to avoid, but I prefere LP over LGX (never tried LPX, so far).

If his "lateral" cuts resemble milling though, none of those chain will perform well with the stock top-plate angle, and the saw most likely is too small anyway!

A few inches, OK - but he is talking about 35-40 feet!

:cheers:

Last edited:
more info

she is 3 months old chain sharp as hell just need more power not mill, cutting scribed lines v cut or 4 cut

has it's performance worsened since new? are you using the shortest bar you can do the job with? are you cutting in a manner that allows wood to close your cut? too many variables to "diagnose" without bombarding you with guesses. Before I possibly try to fix what might not be broken, I'd eliminate user error chances.

has it's performance worsened since new? are you using the shortest bar you can do the job with? are you cutting in a manner that allows wood to close your cut? too many variables to "diagnose" without bombarding you with guesses. Before I possibly try to fix what might not be broken, I'd eliminate user error chances.

Good post!

..but clean it up a bit - this is not a MMS forum! :)

There are no "stock" chain on Huskys that size afaik, but I guess you are referring to the Vanguard "safety" chain.

That one sure is important to avoid, but I prefere LP over LGX (never tried LPX, so far).

If his "lateral" cuts resemble milling though, none of those chain will perform well with the stock top-plate angle, and the saw most likely is too small anyway!

A few inches, OK - but he is talking about 35-40 feet!

:cheers:
As usual, you're right on all counts. :greenchainsaw:

nitrus as a helper always works in a racein enviroment and im going against the clock so i need to go as fast as i can

Racing enviroments never work in real world work. If you're making 40 foot cuts and you put nitrous on your saw, even assuming it works and you don't blow yourself up, your saw will bite it before the day is over.

Last edited:
Ripping chain is probably a good place to start. It'll still go "slow", as compared to cross-cutting, but nowhere near as slowly as with a sharper top plate angle. I grind mine ~5 degrees and they work well. Keep the rakers shallow for ripping, too -- between 10 and 15 thou should do it. Any deeper and you're overworking the saw again.

NITROUS :dizzy: By the time that you got all that **** to work together, you could buy a new 660. Itd be way way to much trouble, and itd probably blow a saw to hell. Youd have to have a 12 volt power source, another fuel tank and a constant pressure pump. Not to mention all the wires and extra hoses that would be hooked up and in the way. Probably be like carrying around 2 090s. Not saying it couldnt work, cause it could, but i wouldnt try it. It probably wouldnt live long at 13,000 rpm either.

Btw, i could be wrong, but ive never seen safety chain come on any of the new xp saws. My 372 come with husky 48, Which i think is the same as 73 LGX.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back