6 way wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know about a used 6way wedge from Timberwolf/Brute on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110210080259&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123
I was going to purchase on with my TW5 but the dealer said they were not needed. I guess i figured he might be right sense I thaught dealers were supposed to sell you more than you need anyway. after running the 4 way I can really say that I think he was right. Anything big enough to run thru a 6 way should be split in half first, than use the 4 way on the two halfs. I think its easier on the machine. Id like to try a 6 way just to see it work

whatswrong with it, if you see bob would you tell him I interested in a 24 ft conveyor, I lost his phone number

Henry

6 way works great. I use it more than the 4 way.

I was going to purchase on with my TW5 but the dealer said they were not needed. I guess i figured he might be right sense I thaught dealers were supposed to sell you more than you need anyway. after running the 4 way I can really say that I think he was right. Anything big enough to run thru a 6 way should be split in half first, than use the 4 way on the two halfs. I think its easier on the machine. Id like to try a 6 way just to see it work

Depends on what you're splitting and how you're burning it, I guess.

I've been thinking of getting a shop to fabricate up a six-way for my little TW-P1. A lot of the straight-grained ash that I've been burning for the past few years would be easy to split with a 6-way, and the smaller resulting pieces would be great for my fireplace burning. My target split size is 4"x4", with a mix of smaller stuff for kindling and coal bed replenishment, and a few larger pieces mixed in for fun. The 4-way is nice, but the resulting pieces are often just a bit larger than my fireplace would prefer:

Timberwolf_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back