60,000 Pounds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell man you must be sore and deserve a cold one but have to give you some rep for pushing yourself to help people.

I was going to complain about stacking 3 cords this weekend but never mind.

My neighbor does this stacks a 1/4 cord per pallet and built an A-frame gantry crane on the back of his truck with a chain fall. He can put 2 pallets on at a time. He just uses whatever free pallets he can get and cheap 1X2 straping to hold it all together. He has about 10 cord sitting on pallets right now that are all pre sold. He also has a pallet jack for deliveries so he can put it right in peoples garages. The weekend burners around here love it very little mess no stacking ect. He gets $120 per pallet delivered.

Sounds like a helluva plan he has. I would love to be able to get that kind of money for a cord of wood - I get $200 for oak. My problem is though, even though I have a good work ethic and strong back, I am not the handiest guy in the world. Building something like your neighbor has done is out of my league.

But suprisingly, I am not sore....my body says I worked hard - I feel it some but not in any pain. Now I can rest up at my regular job and see how many I can turn out this coming weekend.

But suprisingly, I am not sore....my body says I worked hard - I feel it some but not in any pain. Now I can rest up at my regular job and see how many I can turn out this coming weekend.

gotta break your new record

Latest posts

Back