• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 60"+ bar for Husqvarna large mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a longer Bar for milling a log here.
Would like 60-72" 3/8 or .404 pitch, .063 Guage.
Not usually worth shipping such......It's a long shot to find something local but worth a try before I order new.
Also looking for 48"+ Rails for a Granberg.

Please reply via PM here.

Thanks

Edit
If anyone wants to suggest a good source to order such please do!

Andy try Alamia in Denver

www.alamia.us

(800) 861-0029

I bought my 44" and 60" bars from them

The 44" bar was $160, latest price I have seen was $210

The 60" showed as $310, list price of $300, they charged me the $300 list price

Free shipping on orders over $49

These are the Husqvarna "BRANDED" bars produced by GB, the Titanium Steel Alloy bars

I'm Wishing that I had gotten the 50" bar for $235, now it is not available, anywhere that I have been able to find

They also showed the 72" bar in stock, the last time I looked, but that was getting a bit Spendy at $475, for something that I doubt I would really use, the 60" should let me mill table tops up to about 52" wide, that should cover any need I am likely to have

Alamia shipped promptly, I would buy from them again

If you already have a Granberg mill, you can order just a Handle and Rail set and use the rest of the components off your smaller mill. If you also have the 5' Granberg EZ Rails, they can be used for the mill rails, and just order the 60" round Handle, an extra end bracket would also be a good Idea to stiffen up the mill.

Granberg has all those parts easily available through their website

Doug :cheers:

Thanks Doug

I’ll Bookmark that for next time.

I just went with a Forester bar and yes, ordered rails and handle from Granberg. To retrofit my old mill cage.
The Forester 62 was $225. Added a loop of full Chisel for a total of $285..... Hard to complain.
I have one big curly Maple log that needs just under 52” to bite it all.
I’ll never know the difference in bar quality after “caging” up this bar into a mill.
Will run the chain as is until dinged and dull and then grind it for milling.
Have done the same in the past with other chains.

Back