Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not have time when we're on assignment to stop and hunt for and then run 45 minutes one way to a Husky dealer. That doesn't happen to us running Stihl. But other crews who have decided to be a Husky team...Oh well. Maybe 30 miles doesn't matter to you but time is money and we can't afford to kill a day trying to find a part or a repair. I'm not arguing performance here, I think Husky makes some very capable saws, but dealer support - not so much. I guess it just all boils down to where you live and work. As I said before, make sure you have dealer support for whatever equipment you run.
People can easily cure that (if it's even an issue for them, some have close husky dealers) by keeping backup saws. Infact if I'm running a tree service I'd have a backup for the backup.

People can easily cure that (if it's even an issue for them, some have close husky dealers) by keeping backup saws. Infact if I'm running a tree service I'd have a backup for the backup.
Yah I agree ; trees services around my area have a minimum of 10 saws ... if you’re paying a climber ; groundsman ; insurance etc you really can’t AFFORD to have not have backups to the backup ! A guy cutting on his property can get away with 1 saw but a guy making his living wood lose his ass ! By the way most outfits I’ve worked with all run STIHL with a few Husqvarnas and Echo limbing saws thrown in

I've been looking for a 60cc saw for awhile.

I normally run an ms260 when limbing in the bush and then use my 038 mag to drop the trees and block them up.

Thinking a strong 60cc could bridge the gap between the 2. Based on what I've read on this forum I just picked up a blown up 562xp to rebuild. I'm a stihl guy but I think the 562xp is probably the king of the 60s right now.

Photo is from some years back (my 562xp is a 2013 model), but the saw is balanced perfectly with this 20" Tsumura bar. I haven't felt the need to port it but have cut a hole in the top cover like the new versions, and have opened up the muffler some so it stays a little cooler, breathes a little better and the sound is pretty sweet.

P1050130 (800x450).jpg

They are a 47mm, two transfer port cylinder, on a 372 based bottom end. Mine a is small mount bar.
They are too bulky and heavy for their class but have great throttle reponse and rev high as well. Most people just skip right to a 372.
I don't feel like my 372 X Torq really rubs all that high compared to a stihl like my 038 mag. It does seem to our rev the dolkita 6421
So do they rev higher than their husky counterpart

Yah ... when/IF they run
The guy that I got my 372 from had a 562 and he said that it was a piece of junk and it would vapor lock all the time and it just wouldn't run for nothing he said it was absolutely crap after it warmed up. He worked for a professional tree service landscaping place I'm sure maybe you guys have heard of asplund they're big out here

The guy that I got my 372 from had a 562 and he said that it was a piece of junk and it would vapor lock all the time and it just wouldn't run for nothing he said it was absolutely crap after it warmed up. He worked for a professional tree service landscaping place I'm sure maybe you guys have heard of asplund they're big out here
Yah , all the newer “stratocharged” saws run lean and hot ... not a fan of the “controlled air-leak” system especially for longevity ... gimme a conventional muscle saw with an adjustable carb ... I’ve bucked lotsa chunks with my 660 20” bar and it’s STIHL chugging right along ! These new “EPA - friendly” saws don’t seem to possess the longevity of The older models - probably because of the lean conditions inherent in their design !

Yah , all the newer “stratocharged” saws run lean and hot ... not a fan of the “controlled air-leak” system especially for longevity ... gimme a conventional muscle saw with an adjustable carb ... I’ve bucked lotsa chunks with my 660 20” bar and it’s STIHL chugging right along ! These new “EPA - friendly” saws don’t seem to possess the longevity of The older models - probably because of the lean conditions inherent in their design !
What are you talking about, if anything my two 562's run on the fat side. Enjoy hearing it 4 stroke coming out of the cut. Friend with tree service has 3 that are main go to after 540's. Have you owned or ran one for any lenght of time?

What are you talking about, if anything my two 562's run on the fat side. Enjoy hearing it 4 stroke coming out of the cut. Friend with tree service has 3 that are main go to after 540's. Have you owned or ran one for any lenght of time?
Is your 562xp a standard adj carb ?

No 562 has ever had a adjustable carb, this shows what little you really know Fabz!
They can be retrofitted there smarty-pants ! I think you should do some research before you start shooting from the hip !

661cm with standard carb ... no mtronic which is the STIHL version of auto tune

There is nothing wrong with autotune, of the 2 major dealers I deal with, in 8 yrs they have had 1 autotune related issue, that saw software was erased, unsure how it happened, they figured it got close to a rare earth magnet.
What's the 064 huskstihl?

By the way the dcs6421 has a catalytic converter in the stock Muffler I still haven't removed mine I imagine that it would probably run a lot better without it but it runs good enough to where I haven't even wanted to mess with it for a 64 CC saw it is absolutely an animal but I guess I have probably limited experience with saws but if you look and see what I own it's my favorite saw maybe a little over 60 CC's but it's pretty much in that class and anyone that's interested in one should be able to probably rent one at Home Depot to try it out and see if they like it

Back