• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 6400-7900 Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Reaction score
Looking for just a power-head to finish templating my dogs on. It doesn't have to run.

Trades would be good as well.

Metal: If you just need a saw to size up your dogs I might be able to help. For example if wanted a set of dogs to get the proper mounting holes I might be able to lend you a set. Or perhaps trade you the stock set for a set of yours! Just a thought.....

Of if you want to buy a nice running 6401 I can help there too!

Metal: If you just need a saw to size up your dogs I might be able to help. For example if wanted a set of dogs to get the proper mounting holes I might be able to lend you a set. Or perhaps trade you the stock set for a set of yours! Just a thought.....

Of if you want to buy a nice running 6401 I can help there too!

Yeah, I can template without a PH, but it's a lot of back and forth through email and printing, or through mailing. I don't have the money to buy a several hundred dollar PH right now either. I was hoping someone would want to do some bartering.

In fact, I'll be trying to sell a lot of my saw stuff very soon, to help pay for my MIL's cancer treatment.

Metals, if you want a stock set I will send them to you for free including shipping. I have 2 sets sitting on the bench, I will never use them unless I sell the saws and the buyer wants OEM. I don't like the stock dawgs on the dollies!!!

Yeah, I can template without a PH, but it's a lot of back and forth through email and printing, or through mailing. I don't have the money to buy a several hundred dollar PH right now either. I was hoping someone would want to do some bartering.

In fact, I'll be trying to sell a lot of my saw stuff very soon, to help pay for my MIL's cancer treatment.
Are you gonna sign up as a faller for the fires this year? It's going to be a busy, busy summer.

Are you gonna sign up as a faller for the fires this year? It's going to be a busy, busy summer.

Yup -- I'm still employed by the same contractor. We're at 105% for snowpack in the mountains, about zero in the valley. The places like down by Cody are really low for pack. They're the ones that burnt real bad last year too.

I'm thinking you're right, it's gonna be a bad fire year. It might take away from camping and fishing time -- but I'll manage. :p

Metals, if you want a stock set I will send them to you for free including shipping. I have 2 sets sitting on the bench, I will never use them unless I sell the saws and the buyer wants OEM. I don't like the stock dawgs on the dollies!!!
I'd take a set I guess? I'm told I'm close right now, just need some tweaking. I could send ya a set of mine in return.

i have 2 but was looking to only sell one. sale is currently pending. if it fall through I will let you know.

that saws are posted here in the trading post.

btw, i would agree that the stock dogs aren't the best on these saws. I actually like the euro dogs that Dolmar has. one thing that really bothers me is that the US ones are big but have no roller catcher. instead they use the chain destroying metal hook. the hook is part of the AV mount too if I remember correctly.

btw, i would agree that the stock dogs aren't the best on these saws. I actually like the euro dogs that Dolmar has. one thing that really bothers me is that the US ones are big but have no roller catcher. instead they use the chain destroying metal hook. the hook is part of the AV mount too if I remember correctly.

The after market (pro safety 4 point) dawgs have holes for a roller catcher so you can cut that metal hook one off. I like the 7900 but the dawg design IMHO is an epic fail!!!

You can also remove the catcher and use a spacer, vaguely remember doing that when I put the after market ones on??

Shipping today:clap::rock:

Latest posts

Back