Best buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdust unlimited

Reaction score
I've got an opportunity to buy a GZ7000 Redmax chainsaw or a Dolmar 6400. Both in described as in good running condition and good overall shape. Both have a 20" bar and they each are priced at $250. I've researched both but I would like real world advice. My experience is with the big McCulloughs, Stihls, and Husqvarnas. Nt familiar with Redmax or Dolmar.

I gather the Redmax is the old Husqvarna 570, I've seen their blowers here but never their chainsaws, but I guess the saws have been around in the US here and there for some time. Mainly hear of them from Aussies. I own the Makita 6421, which is basically the cat muffler version of the Dolmar 6400. I've loved mine, have abused it a lot milling larger logs with it than I should with lo pro and still keeps on going. Bonus to it is you can upgrade anytime to a 79cc cylinder kit that drops right in (or even 84cc) if you want. Little heavy as a 64cc saw but the upgrade makes it one of the best power to weight ratio saws going.

Latest posts

Back