660 dogz on a 460..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetoreality

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just got these put on today before i ended up denting my muffler when my bars buried.....looks like one pist off saw but when felling is it overkill? too much bite? bog saw?

thanks guys.

I went the opposite way, put 440 dogs on my 660. I have the same on my 460 as well. The two reasons why I like the bit smaller (than 660) dogs is there a bit lighter and not as long, giving you a little extra bar to play with. I've had some titanium ones in the works for awhile now. But trying to get my machinist buddy to finish them is another story. But they are great looking and lighter that stockers.

Oh God yes, gotta have the roller catcher!! How many times have we all thrown a dam chain onto that aluminum so called catcher and wrecked your chain, teeth and driver's??? Oh me...

218232d1326906683-0614111550-jpg
ATTACH]
View attachment 218232the outer dog is different on a 460 than the 440 /660 dog ,the hole for roller catcher is off about 6-8mm ,the innerdogs are the same ,i have slotted the hole out on 440 dog to get by to line up on a 460

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back