660 Dual Port Muffler.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironbark

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Been trying to get a DP muffler for my 660, but Stihl in the UK don't do them. Off to Canada next week, so have the opportunity to get one there, but just need to check a couple of things please.

From a recent post (thanks Erick & Tzed250) a gather 2 parts are available. 1122 140 0603 is the complete muffler including DP cover and available for 99CAD. 1122 140 0800 is the DP cover only for 46CAD.

Question is what to go for? Is it worth spending the extra 53CAD to get the complete muffler system or am I better off just going for the cover only? Thanks.

Cover only, to answer your question. Now, did you see the recent post about using the Huskey cover to Dual port a 660. I orderd mine today from baileys. It was 5 bucks and You can get a screen for 2 more bucks. Best thing to me is the exhaust comes off the opposite of your stock opening and is blown forward. I prefer that than comming off the front and being blown sideways. I mostly prefer 7 bucks over 40 bucks.

Cover only, to answer your question. Now, did you see the recent post about using the Huskey cover to Dual port a 660. I orderd mine today from baileys. It was 5 bucks and You can get a screen for 2 more bucks. Best thing to me is the exhaust comes off the opposite of your stock opening and is blown forward. I prefer that than comming off the front and being blown sideways. I mostly prefer 7 bucks over 40 bucks.

Huh? I didn't see the thread and I searched with no luck. Would you please provide a link?

I prefer not to have the exhaust blown back at me after reflecting off of the log. Also, after I sell my stock muffler I will have less in the combo than the dual port by itself, plus I will have the advatage of the larger outlet like the saws used to come with. All with the swipe of a credit card and turning four screws. :)

Latest posts

Back