660 exhaust question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I took the exhaust apart on my 660 and was wondering when I put the Dual Port front cover on should I cut out the baffles in the muffler also?

Bull are you going to leave the little hole in the side alone or are you going to hog it out? I was thinking about that today too. I will have a 660 shortly. Are you happy with the saw so far. I see that seller moves a few of them.

Last edited:
Gut it (remove the baffle) and dual port cover, just my 2 bits.

If you do, just drill out the UPPER portion at the back of the box - the lower portion doesn't go though!

Not sure it make a whole heck of a lot of diff though...

Measured all the litle holes, figured the areas, and then added...

I never did calculate the 660. I ran mine for a few month with the box in, then drilled out the top back, and I'm not sure it made a difference (I didn't need to re-adjust the carb after drilling) except it got louder. And it's already LOUD!

rahtreelimbs said:

As FHCW said open the stock port up also.

There isn't much point in opening up the stock port if you add the Dual port front - it's MANY times larger than the stock port... (I published the numbers in an old post.

If you mod the muffler, and you don't get an RPM increase at the H end (i.e., you need to richen the mixture), you're done... or you've gone too far.

Back