660 help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebrick43

Life is all about big saws
Reaction score
The bottom bolt for the chain catcher/ dog bolt is broke off. Could someone measure the depth of the hole so I have a base line and don't drill into the oil tank?

Also my sprocket cover is ratty and could use another one. The part number is 1122-640-1702 but on ebay and other places the are pushing 1125-640-1701. Is there any functional difference?

Thanks

the early covers are not drilled for the newer bar studs with the bigger bushings built in ,easily fixed with a drill bit and a steady hand ,i would avoid drilling the bolt if at all possible to save the threads a pointed punch may grab the edge of it to spin it out or if real stuck i have set a nut over the broken bolt and filled it with weld to make it a bolt and they spun right out when still hot from the weld ,another way is cut a slice in top of broken bolt with a thin cutoff wheel and make a reg screwdriver slot to spin it out

or leave it in and put a roller catcher on your spikes if you have them.

Bolts broke off maybe 1/4" below surface so those methods are out. Threads to that point stripped out, have a helicoil kit on the way! I have some nice left hand drills that usually do the trick but just to be sure is why I wanted to know the measurement. Also the lower felling dog hole and chain catcher mount in the same place so even if I used the roller catcher I would had a loose dog! Plus I am going to mill with its so dogs need to come off and standard chain catcher goes on.

1125 then is the old style?? Are the aftermarket covers worth a crap/actually mag?

The bottom bolt for the chain catcher/ dog bolt is broke off. Could someone measure the depth of the hole so I have a base line and don't drill into the oil tank?

On the IPL, it looks to be a 20mm bolt length if I'm reading it right.

Spline screw IS-M5x20 (4,5)

ive got a aftermarket west coast style clutch cover on mine and it seems ok. yes it is metal also

Also the lower felling dog hole and chain catcher mount in the same place so even if I used the roller catcher I would had a loose dog! Plus I am going to mill with its so dogs need to come off and standard chain catcher goes on.

sorry, i had my head up my rear. i was thinking of how the catcher mounted on my 026.

I fixed a stripped one once with a 1/4-20 since I had it on hand already. You can drill through right there if I remember right. Just don't go wild when it busts through.

I just measured mine. It is 4.54" to the bottom. The hole for the bolt is below the oil tank.

The part number is 1122-640-1702 but on ebay and other places the are pushing 1125-640-1701. Is there any functional difference?
The 1125-640-1701 is the old cover for the smaller bar studs. It can be modified to work by drilling out the inside of the holes with a 1/2" drill bit. It is half the price of the 1122-640-1707 cover for some reason.

I have to admit my team isn't so pretty, swiped the photo from somewhere else. I have one Belgian that looks close to one of the horses in the pictured team but then I pair her with one or two of my three saddle horses for quite the motly team. The saddle horses will pull their guts out and as they tire I swap them out. Maybe one day after some of the saddle horses kick the can but for now my pastures nor wallet can handle another heavy horse. They are ferocious eaters!! Amazing power and traction however. Couldn't outwork my 2020 john deere all day but sure can out pull it in lousy traction conditions. Fun to rescue stuck 4x4 trucks from snow drifts with just two horse power!!!

Latest posts

Back